A gourmet treat that looks mouthwateringly (I just made that word up) delicious and impressive. So quick and easy it can be prepared in minutes.
Not really a recipe but rather the clever culinary use of fresh local seasonal ingredients prepared simply to create a light brunch, lunch or dinner. Accompany with a freshly dressed salad of seasonal leaves using my Simple Vinaigrette.
Culinary creativity at it’s best! Enjoy. Sylvia xx
Thick slices of Ciabatta or Sourdough from JJ’s Bakery Longford or Manu Bread
Tasmanian Butter Co. butter
Large Swiss brown mushrooms from Ye Olde Greengrocer
Garlic from York Town Organics
Fresh thyme leaves from the garden
Free range eggs from Mt Roland Free Range Eggs
Oven crisped slices of Prosciutto or Jamón Serrano, crumbled into shiny shards
- Roast the large cap mushrooms as per this recipe with or without chilli.
- Lightly toast the slices of bread and place on plates.
- Rub bread with cut garlic and spread on some butter.
- Remove the roasted mushrooms from the oven. Place on top of the garlic crouton you have just prepared.
- Add the crumbled pieces of oven crisped Prosciutto or Jamón Serrano.
- Softly poach the eggs and gently place on top of the mushrooms.
- Garnish with extra crumbled garlic croutons. And there you have it – a meal in minutes.