Sylvia is a passionate ‘culinary alchemist’.
She’s always working with food and continually developing recipes with local Tasmanian produce for her cooking classes, cook book and food producers.
Sylvia’s experience in food and cooking extends as far back as her childhood and the 1980s when she developed recipes for her catering business and worked as a chef in cafés and restaurant kitchens in Australia and overseas. Sylvia was called upon for her creative culinary intuition with food to assist local restaurants with their menu creation and recipe development. She has a passion for all things edible and has the unique ability to combine flavours, textures, colours and aromas to create simple to more complex dishes.
Sylvia is passionate about helping producers market and sell their quality produce to an inquisitive and ever hungry food market.
If you would like Sylvia to assist you, please contact her to discuss your requirements. She would love to hear from you.Contact Sylvia
Sylvia’s thorough professional recipe development, testing and writing skills and experience result in recipes that deliciously inspire and work well in the development kitchen and in the consumer’s home kitchen achieving the desired outcome the recipe intended and no disappointment for the cook!
Quality recipe development, testing and writing can assist you in a variety of areas in your business from marketing material to website development. It can help you promote and value add to your product or produce.
What you can expect
- Initial consultation or on-site meeting.
- Recipe development, testing and writing.
- Realistic food photography.
- Pay by the recipe or negotiate a package.
- Optional feature recipe in Sylvia’s Kitchen cooking classes.
- Optional cooking demonstrations by Sylvia.
- Professional and passionate culinary inspiration with practical guidance and advice.
Examples of her work:
- Menu Consultation, Commercial Cookery Training for Tranquility Gardens Cafe (2009)
- Recipe Development and Website Pages for Brid River Lamb (2010)
- Hosting Truffle Season opening with Tamar Valley Truffles at Launceston’s Harvest Market (2012)
- Recipe Development for Tasmanian Natural Garlic & Tomatoes (2016)
- Cooking Demonstrations at Tasmanian Garlic & Tomato Festival (2016)
- Recipe Development Food Styling for Brady’s Lookout Cider (2016)
- Recipe Development Food Styling working with Photographer Philip Kuruvita and Brady’s Lookout Cider for Eat Drink Love Tasmania 2 book (2019)
Sylvia is amazing to work with…
At Brady’s Lookout Cider we are looking to change assumptions about cider – particularly a cider made using traditional sparkling wine techniques. We decided to seek the guidance of Sylvia’s Kitchen Tasmania in developing recipes that would change people’s assumptions on cider and matching with food for the best flavour combinations.
Sylvia is amazing to work with. She understood our objectives immediately and drafted a proposal that not only developed the recipes but also worked with us on the presentation and photography. Sylvia took the time and care and we are delighted with the end product.
We have enjoyed matching our methode traditionelle ciders with these dishes and tasting the results. Our customers are enjoying the flavours as we supply complementary recipe cards with each cider purchased.”