This is a lovely quick and easy pâté or dip you can prepare in advance or whip up in an instant as part of your festive feasting with family and friends or anytime for that matter. It has a lovely delicate flavour and smooth texture and presents beautifully simply in a bowl garnished with baby capers and finely chopped chives. In the photo above I have simply served it in a beautiful handmade Japanese bowl we purchased in Osaka, Japan. Accompany with sliced baguette, crackers or seaweed rice crackers. Enjoy! Sylvia x
INGREDIENTS Serves 4-6
150g Tasmanian hot smoked salmon
50g-60g sour cream
5g tomato paste
25g sweet smoked ham finely chopped
Pinch of salt
2-3 teaspoons lemon juice to taste
Baby capers and finely chopped chives to garnish
- Remove any skin or bones from the hot smoked salmon. Flake with a fork or fingers.
- Place the hot smoked salmon, sour cream, tomato paste and ham in a small food processor bowl.
- Process until well combined.
- Add salt and lemon juice to taste. Pulse until smooth.
- Place the pâté dip into a bowl. Garnish with baby capers and finely chopped chives.
- Serve with crackers or sliced baguette and it’s done!
If you’re at the shack for holidays, you can still prepare this recipe – mash it all together in a bowl with a fork and it’s done!