If you’ve treated yourself to a truffle or two, here’s a simple recipe idea to accompany a roast chicken, duck or thick grilled steak. Prepare a salad with York Town Organics Baby Cos and Micro Salad Leaves. I’ve also used Radicchio from my kitchen garden, a beautiful deep ruby-red Italian chicory I grow for the winter. Season and dress with your favourite salad dressing. Add lightly toasted cracked walnuts and crumbled chévre or feta and garnish with finely sliced pieces of truffle from Tamar Valley Truffles. Takes me back to when I hosted the opening of the Truffle Season at Launceston’s Harvest Market in June 2012. Delicious! Sylvia x
INGREDIENTS to toss together!
York Town Organics Baby Cos and Micro Salad
Lightly toasted Tasmanian Walnut pieces
Balsamic vinegar or my Balsamic Syrup Glaze
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Finely sliced truffle pieces
And a beautiful salad bowl to serve it in!
- Place the salad leaves in a large bowl. Season and dress with the Balsamic vinegar or my glaze and extra virgin olive oil.
- Add a few pieces of walnuts. Toss together.
- Place in a salad bowl to serve.
- Garnish with more walnut pieces, crumbled chevre or feta and the truffle slices.
- That’s it!
- Serve to accompany a roast chicken or grilled steak. Enjoy!